Welcome to Unidos Judo Clubs!
If you're interested in judo, Unidos Judo Clubs is interested in you!
Judo is a competitive martial art that uses throws, hold-downs, chokes, and arm-locks. It is descended from Jujitsu, and was developed by Dr. Jigoro Kano in 1882 and continually refined ever since. Judo has been an Olympic sport since 1964. Roughly translated, "judo" means "the gentle way."
Here's what we think makes judo fun and cool and different:
- Judo is suitable for all ages, sizes, and genders. It doesn't matter what you weigh or how old you are. Judo techniques emphasize skill over force, so men, women, and children of all sizes can become capable judo players.
- Judo is standardized. Because judo is an international sport, its rules apply worldwide. You can work out and have your rank recognized everywhere you go.
- Judo emphasizes safety. There are no kicks, strikes, or blows in judo. Rules are designed to minimize danger to the student and players. Beginners are taught to fall safely. Practice sessions begin with warm-up exercises.
- Judo has competition. Tournaments held several times a year let students of all ages and levels match their skills against equal opponents in a safe, fun environment. Competition is not required for promotion; however, participation helps prepare students to use judo techniques in real-life self-defense situations.
And, here's what we think makes Unidos Judo Clubs fun and cool and different:
- Relaxed environment. Students are free to progress at their own pace. For kids, that means more fun, with a focus on fitness and safety. For adults, that means there's no pressure to advance. We think judo should be fun!
- Quality instruction. Head instructor Jesse Jones is a 9th degree black belt. Sensei Mark Hays is a 5th degree black belt. Sensei Jenifer Leith-Beckett is a 4th degree black belt.
All instructors are nationally certified. We are a designated Amber Watch training club.
- More workout opportunities. Join one Unidos Judo Club, and you can work out at any Unidos dojo. Currently, there are three dojos, Murrietta, South Clairemont, and Tijuana, Mexico.
- Low price! Unidos Judo Clubs make full use of public facilities, so your costs are low. Rates may vary by location.
Your first class is FREE!
Come join us - see our judo training schedule for our next class. Wear loose, comfortable clothes (sweats are ideal).
Need more information? Call Sensei Jesse Jones at (951) 461-1661.
Locations and Schedules
Murrieta - Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
38397 Innovation Court, Suite 103
Murrieta, CA 92563
Monday and Wednesday
Youth: 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Adults 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Pricing varies depending on the level of selected participation.
San Diego - South Clairemont Rec Center
3605 Clairemont Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
Monday 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
$35 per person per month. Pay at the Rec Center front desk by the second class of each month. The Rec Center does not accept charge cards, but does accept checks made out to "SCRC" Please give Sensei Jenifer your pink receipt slip after paying.
Tijuana, Mexico - Acuario Fitness Center
Back to the top of the page
Paseo Ensenada & Paseo Pedregal St.
Playas de Tijuana, BC, Mexico 22206
Monday and Wednesday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Thursday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Instructor: Eleazar Garcia (Unidos, Red Dragons)
© 2011 Unidos Judo Clubs™ All rights reserved Contents may not be copied or reproduced Website maintained by John Kuraoka